Beef Stroganov or Beef Stroganoff.
You can make Beef Stroganov or Beef Stroganoff using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef Stroganov or Beef Stroganoff
- Prepare of Beef.
- Prepare 1-1/3 pound of Angus beef stew meat.
- You need 1 pound of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground allspice.
- You need of To taste salt.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of yellow mustard powder.
- You need 1/3 cup of dehydrated onions.
- You need 12 ounces of beef broth.
- Prepare of Roux.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- You need of Potatoes.
- It’s 2-1/2 pounds of potatoes.
- You need 3 cups of water.
- It’s 1 tablespoons of salt.
- It’s As needed of oil to fry in I used peanut oil.
Beef Stroganov or Beef Stroganoff step by step
- Add the mustard, salt, pepper and allspice to the meat. Melt the butter and add the ground sirloin and stew meat. Let brown. Add beef broth. Usually you let cook for long period. I pressure cooked for 25 minutes..
- Mix the flour and sour cream. Temper the sour cream and flour mixture with some of the beef juices..
- Add sour cream mixture to the meat mixture and allow to cook very low heat. This will allow the flour to cook without breaking the sauce. Cover remove from heat and allow to rest 10 minutes..
- Slice the potatoes into small shoestrings sized French fries. Add salt to cold room temperature water. Add the potato fries to the water. Allow to soak 15 minutes. This allows the salt to absorb into the potatoes..
- Heat oil. Drain and dry the potatoes. Fry in oil till done. Move to a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil. Serve, over the French fries. I hope you enjoy!!!.